GridCalls, or 1-click conference calls enable users to start a phone call with just one other user or as many as 200 users.
These calls can be started from the home screen (as shown below) or from an existing message.
GridCalls utilize VoiP technology, which means your personal cell phone number will never be exposed.
Once you initiate a GridCall, a Wi-Fi or data connection pushes the call to the "the cloud" then each user participating in the GridCall will receive a phone call either from a default number or area code of your choosing. When they pick up, an automated message will tell them who initiated the call and will prompt them to opt in.
Click here for more information about custom features such as area codes, automated messages, and more.
The call will begin as soon as two people are connected and users can enter or drop at any time.
Initiating a GridCall is very simple. Follow these steps or watch the video below.
- Tap the phone icon at the top of your screen
- Type user's names into the search bar or scroll through your list of connections
- Select as many users as you'd like. Their names will appear at the top of the screen
- Tap, "Start GridCall"
- In a moment, you and your selected users will receive a phone call with a message prompting you to opt into the GridCall.
You can also start a GridCall from an existing group or individual message.
- Select the message containing the users you'd like to start a call with
- Tap the phone icon at the top of the message
- If the message contains more than one other user, a list of all participants will be displayed and you can deselect anyone you do not wish to join the call.
- Tap, "Start GridCall" and your call will begin shortly
To add users to a GridCall already in progress, follow these steps, or watch the video below.
- Once your call is in progress, click the home button on your phone.
- Reopen your BLG app, and tap the phone icon
- Select the user(s) you'd like to add
- Tap the, "Update the Conference Call" button and the new recipient(s) will be pulled into the call.